Thursday 29 December 2011

Reflecting on 2011...

2011 - what are the moments that defined this year? I am not sure if there is one moment that defined this world. I am not sure if there is a moment or a word that defined the year. Looking back, we experienced some historical moments - Ghadafi and Bin Landen are no longer with us, we have a very different landscape in northern Africa, the earth suffered earthquakes and other natural disasters, teams achieved a lot and a city suffed because a team came in 2nd, and people much more. How does this affect me? As this year ends, all of this reminds me that I am able to control one thing...me! I can control my love, my forgiveness, care, my emotions. These re thins that can make my world a better place. Not settling for anything less than the best, not becoming upset over things I can't control, ensuring that I am surrounding myself with amazing friends who deeply care about me as much as I care about them, and respecting all those that come into my life. I don't really have a resolution - I mean, I would love to become more in shape and am taking steps to do that, I was oiled appreciate having someone special to share my life with, I can probably do with more visits to friends and family living abroad. But I think and believe that I can be happiest recognizing what I share with the world. It would be amazing if more people can recognize their hidden gifts!! Wishing you peace and love in 2012!

2 comments:

  1. Love it Sameer! Thanks for being transparent with your followers. It means a lot to me to see you have the courage to do so in your blog.

    Love and light
    anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hun! Are you done with the with your break!!! I miss reading your posts!
    Please blog again!
    anita

    ReplyDelete