Tuesday 30 August 2011

Bangalore...the Garden city

I am now in Bangalore after a whirlwind couple of days. Sunday, I left Delhi and headed to Pune for a night for work, then to Hyderabad for a day on Monday and Bangalore on Monday night. It was intense, but it was great. I did "see" Pune and Hyderabad, kinda...haha, as much as one can see from a cab or bus :P

I am so happy to be in Bangalore for a few days. Bangalore is the garden city of India - so much greenery, great climate, amazing temples. Tomorrow will be great because its a late start for Eid. My fasting ends tomorrow as well! I have really been blessed this past month because I have been able to adapt my fasting while in Vancouver and on the road. It has been challenging, but I feel like I have gained strength through this as well. Eid Mubarak everyone! Thanks to all of supporting me during this past month. 


Back to Bangalore now...haha. I am staying at the Taj West End. Its an amazing hotel. When I arrived at the hotel, I was exhausted. I had been up since 3 am that morning and all I wanted to do was sleep. When I got to the Taj, the hotel staff was prepared for myself and my colleagues. Prepared isnt the right word - its like they knew we were all going to be tired! They greeted us with a Hindu tradition of candles and a blessing for prosperity, put a thika on our foreheads and gave us a necklace of jasmine, this was all done outside of the hotel main doors. When we walked in, we received a mithai (Indian sweet) and a coconut with a straw to drink the fresh coconut water - so refreshing! It was delightful and exactly what I needed! Thanks Taj West End - you made my night!


I will update you on Bangalore a bit later and share a bollywood video with you as well - I cant forget about that...


As always, thanks for reading!


Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment