Tuesday 30 August 2011

Eid Mubarak...

Eid Mubarak! I was able to celebrate Eid today in Bangalore with the Ismaili Muslim community here, I am very fortunate. Being a part of the community of celebratory days like today makes me realize how fortunate I am. The Ismaili community is located all over the world, for me, this community provides comfort, its home, if I can call it that. The prayers were this morning and after the prayers there was rice pudding to break the fast and celebrate this auspicious day. Needless to say, since this is the first time in 30 days that I have eaten while the sun has been up, I did have the rice pudding and it was soo GOOD!

When I was in Delhi, I had a chance to visit Humayuns Tomb - a world heritage site that was recently cared for by the Aga Khan Trust for Culture. I bring this up today because it was, not only a great trip with a great friend, but a very spiritual place. The experience for me was great, not only because there was a connection with His Highness the Aga Khan, but the space, the peace, the architecture and reflection that took place for me while I was there. This structure is located right in New Delhi - five to ten minutes from the Imperial Hotel where I was staying. Finding a place with such beauty, with such history and that can provide a feeling like I experienced in a city as large as Delhi is amazing! This is what India is all about. Its about a feeling - feelings in Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore and in the outskirts. 

Thanks for reading...gonna upload a video for Eid in a sec. 

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment